Tuesday, February 5, 2008

City Hall


This is Dana. She is from outside of Philadelphia. Dana was visiting Philadelphia this day, enjoying the nice weather. She said she stopped by the Seaport Museum and recommended it to me. She was taking a break and sitting on the ledge right outside of City Hall.


This is Ginny. She is from outside of Philadelphia. Her husband is a doctor in town, so she was visiting. She spent the morning shopping looking for more comfortable shoes than she had on to continue her day trip. Ginny, short for Virginia, is a mother of 9 children. She was ranting about the perils of having 9 children, she made me laugh. This spot in City Hall was the sunniest, so she took a break to relax in the sun.


This is Julia. Julia is a fellow photographer from Bucks County. I've noticed that people with cameras seem to gravitate to each other. We sort of just started talking once we noticed each others camera. Julia was spending the day in Philly, looking for inspiration. She works for an Ad agency called Creative Marketing Strategies, CMS. She does most of her shooting in Philly, Jersey, and Delaware. Not only was I working on my project, but I was also networking!


This is Karen. She is a native of Philadelphia. She was hanging out at City Hall waiting for a friend. She loves Philly, loves the environment and grew up with it all.


This is Keiran Murphy. He was rushing through the center of City Hall when he saw me and Greg with cameras in our hands. Keiran yelled out to us that one of the corridors has great photo ops. Keiran works for the Department of Records right in City Hall. He was proud to tell me that he is a Temple Alumni. He told me his favorite part of the City is "the people, I love the people." He also insisted that if I had the chance, I should study abroad. Keiran was in a rush, but he was kind enough to let me take a photo of him.

No comments: