Sunday, February 17, 2008

Philly A to Z

For Philly A to Z, I decided to narrow it down to one area. I chose The Reading Terminal Market because it is a fun public environment. I figured I would be able to photograph food as well as people and other subjects that fit in A to Z!



A is for Apple.. so cliche.. but I liked the light on the fruit.


B is for Banana.. again, cliche but the light shining down on the fruit gave it a cool glow.


C is for Carrots... I liked this angle.. it looks like a wall of carrots.


D is for Dessert... R.T.M. offers so many good desserts.


E is for Employee.. I like the reflections on the deli counter.

F is for Fiji Water.. I like the way the bottles look and thought the contrast of the lines worked well together.


G is for Gouda.. I love cheese.


H is for Hot Sauce... some like it hot.. but lets pretend I didn't say that.


I is for Ivy... R.T.M. has lots of plants and flowers for sale. I love creeping ivy.


J is for Jumbo Shrimp... oxymoron.


K is for King Crab.. I felt bad for the poor suckers stuck in the tank ready to be chopped up. But what are you gonna do? They taste good.


L is for Lemons.. I liked the contrast between lemons and limes.


M is for fish Meat... R.T.M. sells lots of fresh meats. Many people depend on the Market for their fresh meat purchases.

N is for Newspapers... stacks of newspapers, all messed up.

O is for Olives... The R.T.M. has many different stands selling different products, olives just so happens to be one of them.


P is for Pineapple... one of the employees came out and saw me taking pictures. He asked if I was impressed by the nicely stacked pineapples, and ofcourse I was.


Q is for.. I don't know.. but I liked this picture.

R is for Rust.. R.T.M. has been around since 1893. I doubt these stools have been around that long, but they are starting to age, just as the market has.

S is for Stools... upside down stools on a bar before the stand opened.

T is for Toppings.. ice cream cones covered in sprinkles and walnuts.


U is for Units... this scale has something to do with coffee? I saw it through the window as I was leaving the Market.


V is for Vitamin Water.. found in an open refrigerator. Probably my favorite drink.


W is for Wagon.. I found a wagon on its side in the middle of the aisle.


X is for eXpress?... probably the only X found in R.T.M.

Y is for Yogurt.. Country style!


Z is for Zucchini... The R.T.M. has lots of vegetables and zucchini is among them, being the only veggie that begins with Z?

No comments: